& Associates Recruiting & Outplacement
http://www.foodrecruiter.com/ email: email@example.com
P.O. Box 2686 Kirkland, WA.
98083 (425) 418-4035
SERVING THE RECRUITING NEEDS OF THE FOOD MANUFACTURING
Must have a BS degree in food
science/technology or related field and a minimum of 2 years experience in food
processing, quality control and microbiology.
Must have a strong background in and knowledge
of food quality and safety protocols including HACCP, USDA, FDA, GMPÕs, SSOPÕs,
Food Safety Audits, Labeling and Micro testing
Must possess strong verbal and written
communication skills: Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus.
This position supports operations by
developing and maintaining systems that are inherent to the quality, identity,
and food safety of company products and provides leadership and instruction in
the implementation of programs, policies, and objectives to ensure corporate
quality, food safety, culture, volume, service, and cost goals are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, maintains, and
improves quality and food safety management systems (including but not
limited to finished product specifications, statistical process control
systems, gluten-free certification, kosher certification, organic
certification, lot traceability, HACCP, and
consumer complaint investigations).
- Develops, maintains, and
improves QA test methods, technologies, and programs that meet or exceed
- Investigates and responds to
food safety related complaints.
- Conducts inspections and
reviews programs, records, and product to insure compliance.
- Generates, designs, and
maintains reports, databases, and spreadsheets to analyze data,
communicate to Management Teams and peers.
- Adheres to GMPÕs, Standard
Operating Procedures, and Safety Regulations consistently.
- Communicates with staff regarding
changes in procedures, problem areas to promote consistency throughout
staff and shifts.
- Communicates with Warehouse,
Production, Supply Chain, and R&D to help move quality, food safety
agendas, and projects.
- Communicates with USDA, OU,
Organic Certifiers, Analytical Labs, and vendors regularly.
- Assures that all shipped
products meet the product specifications, food safety issue and regulatory
- Performs audits to monitor for
compliance to GMP standards
- Maintain all certifications for
products produced in the facility
- Maintain compliance with all
- Responsible for all product
labeling: Must be knowledgeable about labeling regulations in U.S. and
- Responsible for on-going micro
testing, including testing for presence of gluten
- Develop effective sample
check/sample testing program
- Update and maintain product
formulations, specifications and supplier Certificates of Analysis and
- Ensure that facility can meet
requirements of a 3rd party audit
- Assume a part-time roll in
R&D for Product Development and Product Improvement
- Performs other duties as
assigned by supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of Food
Labeling laws in U.S. and Canada
- GMPÕs, Standard Operating
Procedures, and Safety Regulations.
- Knowledge of recognized food
- Food science knowledge.
- Food processing techniques and
- Managerial practices for
planning, reporting, administration, and supervision.
- Effective English language
literacy; oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and team skills
for working with employees at all levels within the company and with
- Prioritizing, organizing,
delegating and using time efficiently.
- Task analyzing, problem solving, and decision-making at both a strategic and
- Effective presentation and
facilitation skills for leading meetings and teams
- Conflict Resolution skills.
- Effective math skills.
- Effective computer skills using
MS Office products and required technical software.
- Write in a technical format and
articulate to a broad audience.
- Manage multiple projects at
once while meeting tight deadlines.
- Flexible and positive in a
fast-paced environment that changes quickly.
- Perform tasks with a high level
- Perform tasks independently and
as part of a team to accomplish company goals.