P.O. Box 2686 Kirkland, WA. 98083 (425)418-4035
SERVING THE RECRUITING NEEDS OF THE FOOD MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
Manager - Shift
To support and coordinate all plant production operations at Fruit and Cold Storage. Responsible for a combination of duties mainly related to, but not limited to, the production of various fruit varieties and products along with compliance to the food safety programs. Develop, implement and manage production control systems designed to ensure continuous production of process fruit (consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals). Supervise a team of supervisors and production personnel as assigned. This position manages the persons in the department to attain company goals within quality specifications, budgeted cost, on-time schedule, and in compliance with our plant and company policies. This person would provide leadership for overall activities and accountabilities of the production department. This position is a member of the leadership team of the company and must be instrumental in ensuring the success of the team. Leadership, delegation, coaching, training and subordinate development are key ingredients to the success of the individual in this position.
Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas of plant production. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
Monitor the quality of all Inputs utilized and fruit Outputs produced.
Record and track recoveries, production volumes and performance of each production activity.
Coordinate the activities of the production team and equipment for efficient production.
Coordinate and assist the Maintenance Manager with all production equipment, vehicles, and facilities maintenance.
· Manages sanitation for the production department in assigned areas with the support of management team.
· Facilitates continuous improvement and operations to ensure performance goals such as quality, sanitation, food safety, grade yield, volume, recovery, and controllable costs are met or exceeded
· Participates as leadership or a team member of assigned projects for company and factory objectives
· Supports the Loss Control Safety Program to ensure no injury to self or others
· Ensures team members development needs are identified and improved
· Ensures the interface with support personnel or groups is conducted in a participative management style that is conducive with operations goal and supports management
· Conducts oneself in a professional manner, ensures confidentiality regarding sensitive issues and ensures personal appearance meets the standards necessary to perform the job function while representing the Company
· Ensures that additional accountabilities as may be required by management be handled in a manner necessary to meet operational goals
· Manage and oversee the plant supervisors.
· Ensure safety precautions are being followed.
· Maintain plant production records as well as any input and equipment purchases made by the Production Manager.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Operate heavy equipment as needed (i.e. forklift)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
· Knowledge of fruit industry and processing
· Demonstrated ability to handle high pressure and stress
· Strong leadership skills.
· Ability to supervise and manage, including employee hiring, performance reviews and discipline
· High school diploma or GED and four years of experience in food production, or an equivalent combination of education and experience