Nelson & Associates Recruiting & Outplacement
P.O. Box 2686 Kirkland, WA. 98083 (425) 418-4035
SERVING THE RECRUITING NEEDS OF THE FOOD MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER = Nightshift
Develop, implement and manage quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of process fruit (consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals). Supervise a team of quality control inspectors and production personnel as assigned. This position manages the persons in the department to attain company goals within quality specifications, budgeted cost, on-time schedule, and in compliance with our plant and company policies. This person would provide leadership for overall activities and accountabilities of the quality program and management systems. This position is a member of the leadership team of the company and must be instrumental in ensuring the success of the team. Leadership, delegation, coaching, training and subordinate development are key ingredients to the success of the individual in this position.
· Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) issues and complaints relating to quality.
· Manages sanitation for the facility in all functional areas with the support of management team.
· Facilitates continuous improvement and operations to ensure performance goals such as quality, sanitation, food safety, grade yield, volume, recovery, and controllable costs are met or exceeded
· Participates as leadership or a team member of assigned projects for company and factory objectives
· Manages Sanitation Compliance during shift and supports crews to ensure sanitation of processing lines meets food safety requirements.
· Supports the Loss Control Program to ensure no injury to self or others
· Ensures team members’ development needs are identified and improved
· Ensures the interface with support personnel or groups is conducted in a participative management style that is conducive with operations goal and supports management
· Conducts oneself in a professional manner, ensures confidentiality regarding sensitive issues and ensures personal appearance meets the standards necessary to perform the job function while representing the Company
· Ensures that additional accountabilities as may be required by management be handled in a manner necessary to meet operational goals
· Assure accuracy of the Quality Control Technician’s work.
· Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
· Ensure food safe storage and handling of products, ingredients and packaging materials throughout production cycle.
· Manages pest control program to ensure facility, products, ingredients, packaging materials are protected and quality standards are maintained.
· Create and direct environmental test functions and applications.
· Perform other duties as assigned and ensure project timelines are met.
· Assist the Vice president of Operations and management team by providing input during management meetings.
· Demonstrate ability to supervise and manage, including employee hiring, performance review and discipline.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
· Knowledge of MS Office
· Strong leadership skills
· Quality orientation and high attention to detail
This job description and the performance of the Quality Control Manager will be reviewed by the Vice President of Operations and the President of RRFCS, LLC.